Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cracker Candy


So I thought I would post a yummy recipe that and old woman from work gave me after bringing in this delicious treat to work a few times! Its called cracker candy and I made it today for the first time with success! Here's what you need... I used a 13 by 18 in. pan which was quite large, but I wanted to share with a lot of people. So this is the amount you need for that, if you want to make less you can do the math ;)

*1 cup of Butter, it has to be real butter
*1 cup of brown sugar
*1 bag of Nestle Chocolate Chips
*1 can of salted roasted almonds
*1 1/2 bags of Saltine Crackers

*Spray pan with Pam
*cover the bottom of pan with crackers
*chop up the almonds
* 350 degrees on oven
*Put butter and brown sugar in sauce pan, boil for 3 mins. while constantly stirring
*Poor immediately over crackers
*Put in oven for 7 mins.
*Sprinkle chocolate chips right when its taken out, then as they melt spread the chocolate out (probably not going to use the whole bag, its just a thin layer)
*Then sprinkle almonds on top
* Put in refrigerator for 1 hour so it hardens, then cut :)

1 comment: